Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Little Girl: My Open Letter

They say what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. They also say no need in worrying about something that hasn't happen yet. "Live in the moment" I think the saying goes. Well today, I got a taste, or shall I say a dose, of both sayings. The interview dropped today.  *takes both hands and covers eyes*Now before you go off asking "Where is it?" *peaks from behind one hand* first let me just say that today I learned that I am my own worst critic. Now, I know you may look at it and have your own opinions, some good some bad, but let me just say that there is nothing you can say or ask that I haven't already criticized myself over, for or about. However, as the day went on, the love and support poured in, as I replayed the youtube clip a number of times, something interesting began to happen, I began to love me. Not me the everyday Alesia, but me the aspiring actor Alesia. I thought what better way to end the night but to say a few things to the little girl in me that I must let die. The one who still has all the, well, let me just do this...
"Little Girl, Little Girl its okay, you dont have to cry/Little Girl, Little Girl pay attention and let me tell you why/You are brown skinned, pretty and you are very very smart/You will have your feelings betrayed but still maintain your heart/Little Girl, Little Girl dont be so hard on those you love/God placed them there as your angels also from the heavens above/I know you carry hurt it will pass with you over the years/I know you are afraid, youve seen so much, it sometimes brings you tears/but Little Girl, Little Girl there is so much out there for you to do/so many lives to be touched, inspired, these words I speak are true/Little Girl, Little Girl dont fight who you are, we are human, we all have our flaws/Just know that others you meet can be a lesson or a blessing and will eventually show you their cause/So Little Girl, Little Girl be gentle, happy, loving and kind/And when you find that thing you do well and love you stay on your grind/For one day you will remember Little Girl all the things you thought you couldnt do/And you will read this and remember that your biggest supporter was you!" 
~With love to myself~
Enjoy and thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Good start! Stay focused and remember to give small blessings to others along the way. Don't be so focused on your journey that you don't live each moment! You story is already inspirational.......claim your mark on the world!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison! Your words are absolutely what I am trying to do. Appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete