Thursday, December 19, 2013
EXCUSE ME WHILE I WAIT
Can I tell you what is the one thing that drives me crazy about being an actor? Seriously. JUST THAT ONE TINY THING? It has got to be the wait! Even as I type the word "wait" it brings butterflies to my stomach. The wait. (Ugh!) Not the wait involved on the road to becoming some Hollywood starlet ( honestly, for some actors that never happens). It, instead, is the wait that comes after you have auditioned for a role. That agonizing wait. Have you ever waited for something? Of course you have. A package, a loved one, maybe even to check your tickets from that $636 million dollar Mega Million drawing the other day (still cant believe I only had one number out of $13 in tickets. Oh well!). Anyway, *insert deep sigh* the wait. I had several auditions in the last few weeks. I cant say I haven't heard back, because I have. Do you want to know what I heard? I heard the alert of an email. That's right! An email! Not even an email saying I have received any parts, but more like an email from mostly all the casting agents that read the same way "Thanks for auditioning. The selection process will take a few weeks and we will contact you soon blah blah blah...". Geez! A few weeks?!!! (Is this a universal casting agent script?) Do you want to know what I have done in these few weeks while I "wait"? Drove myself insane! I have replayed each and every audition, monologue, and script I read every single night in my head. Every. Single. Day. I have imagined getting that phone call or email saying "You have been chosen..." (I wont say which part I really want but I will say when I imagine the chosen part I immediately envision that role being mines). Want to know what else I do while I wait? I read Stanislavski. I know you may ask why? Honestly, I cant tell you why. All I know is that his words make sense to me as an actor and I always seem to find something that speaks to me about every single audition. (Don't judge me). Oh! The last thing I do while I "wait"? I train. That's right, I train with one of my acting coaches (right now I am working with a film, tv, commercial coach in downtown Baltimore who is awesome to say the least) and I try to act like the auditions I did never happened at all. Soooooo, long story short, (or judging by what I have typed so far long story a bit longer), that's what I am doing now. Busying myself while I wait. Typing a blog about waiting while I wait. WAITING patiently, while I wait for the wait to be over with! (Yeah, its that bad!) I do, however, have some good news to close this out with!!! MY BUSINESS CARDS ARRIVED TODAY!!! You guys know I don't sit still. Every day, every single day, I devote time to my talent. To networking it, Training it. Learning about it. Seeing it. Reviewing it. (You get the picture!) So I am happy to share them with you guys. A picture of the front and back of the card. I am taking a class with Samuel L. Jacksons acting coach the beginning of next year (this man has also trained Liam Neeson & Harrison Ford) and I am going with these cards in hand when I travel to meet him. I am hitting 2014 running! You know why don't you? Because this is acting...and ACTING IS MY BUSINESS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment